DELETE /purchase_order/ will soon be deprecated. Please use
POST /purchase_order/:po_id/cancel/ to cancel your purchase order
As a follow up to our previous post and reiteration:
We are changing the way we cancel Purchase Orders in the API. Rather than setting a status for cancelled purchase orders, we will have a
cancelled_date key serialized on the response.
- You can now see
cancelled_datein a purchase order response object.
- Currently, you will see both
cancelled_datepopulated as well as
status=cancelledon the purchase order from the API response.
- On November 1st we will be deprecating the cancelled status on a purchase order response object.
- We will still include cancelled purchase orders in the
- You will still be able to filter on cancelled purchase orders.
- However, you will not see status=cancelled on a purchase_order after November 1st.
POST /purchase_order/:po_id/uncancel/will restore your PO to its pre-cancelled status, and then you may take action on it as needed.
After November 1st on a cancelled PO you will see
cancelled_date populated with a date and the status of the purchase order before it was cancelled will remain.
Again, these changes are an effort to disallow accidental actions to be taken on a cancelled purchase order as well as being able to properly restore a purchase order from a cancelled state to its previous state.
You will need to use the new endpoint mentioned above in order to restore a cancelled Purchase Order, much like restoring an Order in the app.