Endicia International Shipment

We are having an issue with the Ordoro API for getting label for Endicia International.

this is the URL:
https://apiverson.ordoro.com/order/ordernumber/label/endicia

{"shipper_id":210059,"packages":[{"box_shape":"Parcel","length":4,"height":8,"width":6,"weight":28.0}],"box_shape":"Parcel","delivery_confirmation":"DeliveryConfirmation",
"shipping_method":"FirstClassMailInternational","customs_info": [
    {
      "description": "item",
      "quantity": 1,
      "value": 1,
      "weight": 28.0,
      "country": "canada",
      "harmonization_code": ""
    }
  ]}

We are getting error below from the Webservice:
{
“error_message”: “None is not one of [‘Documents’, ‘Gift’, ‘Merchandise’, ‘ReturnedGoods’, ‘Sample’, ‘Other’] (param: customs_info.reason_for_export)”,
“param”: “customs_info.reason_for_export”
}

Then when we add reason_for_export as requested, we get a different error below:

{"shipper_id":210059,"packages":[{"box_shape":"Parcel","length":4,"height":8,"width":6,"weight":164.0}],"box_shape":"Parcel","delivery_confirmation":"DeliveryConfirmation","shipping_method":"FirstClassPackageInternationalService",

"customs_info": [

{

"description": "item",

"quantity": 1,

"value": 1,

"weight": 28.0,

"country": "canada",

"harmonization_code": ""

}

],

"reason_for_export": "MERCHANDISE"

}

THIS IS THE ERROR WE GET

{

"error_message": "Additional properties are not allowed ('reason_for_export' was unexpected)",

"param": null

}

Hi @robert - I believe the error message you received was from an internal carrier api, and the items you are wanting to include are found in the example body/json schema of the docs link provided.

• contents_type is specific to Endicia as their reason_for_export and contents_explanation would only be required if you used Other as the contents_type.

For example: "contents_type": "MERCHANDISE" rather than the reason for export line.

Hope this helps:
json schema example:

"contents_type": {
            "type": "string"
        },
        "contents_explanation": {
            "type": "string"
        },

Hi @sophie - I added the “contents_type”: “Merchandise” and now I’m getting this error, but in the documentation there is no ToCountry element.

{

"error_message": "Missing or invalid element: ToCountry. Error encountered (Log ID: 40696) (Status: 1001)",

"param": null

}

You’ll need to include to and from addresses to create a label for the order.

Sophie, I’m a bit confused about that requirement. For domestic orders we don’t to and from addresses as they are already in Ordoro and it uses those addresses. Why do you we have to send for international shipments?

My apologies, your order’s ship to address needs to have a valid country in order for the request to work.

1 Like