I'm using the ORDERS API call, how do I get API Kit component SKUs instead of the KIT SKU

I am pulling orders with the ORDERS API Call. When an order contains a kit SKU, I am receiving the KIT SKU, but not the individual child components of the KIT.

The KIT only exists in Ordoro, so that SKU is irrelevant to the POS system I’m trying to import the order to. I need the individual child component SKUs.

Also, I need to figure out a way to know that an order is a bundle when downloaded so that I can manipulate the pricing appropriately…

Example:

Customer orders SKU: KIT101 “Guitar Effect Pedal with Cables” for $159.00 which consists of:

• SKU: GEP101-‘Guitar Effect Pedal’ (Primary Kit Product) Original SKU Price $149.00
  • SKU: CBL101-‘1/4" Patch Cable’ Original SKU Price $7.99
  • SKU: PS101-‘Power Supply’ Original SKU Price $9.99

I need to get that data into my POS as:

• SKU: GEP101-‘Guitar Effect Pedal’ (Primary Kit Product) Original SKU Price $159.00
  • SKU: CBL101-‘1/4" Patch Cable’ Original SKU Price $0.00
  • SKU: PS101-‘Power Supply’ Original SKU Price $0.00

So the things I need to be able to get from the API:

• Individual Kit SKUs
  • Pricing of individual Kit components assigned with a primary product, and the other items included at no cost.
  • If I cannot assign the prices as above, I need to identify that the returned components were part of a kit, so that my code can adjust the pricing on those kit orders as above.

I am not aware how ORDORO assigns price of kit to individual components… How does it distribute the price of the bundle, to each of its components?

Hi @JasonDenio

In order to get the component skus, you will need to make a request to the /product/ endpoint for the kit sku that is on the order. The kit_components key will contain components for the kit parent that exists on the order.

The kit component products can also be used to retrieve additional information if needed.

Are SKUs that are kits identified in the data returned by the ORDERS call?

I would need to find components of only those SKUs that are kits.

Preferably

IF
order SKU is a kit,
THEN
find component SKUs

The order will not have product level kit distinction, you will need to get the product and see if kit_parent=true.